when on PC it is nice to have a controller because there are a lot of games that feel and are easier on the controller, but when you use a controller you can tell that there is a bit of a delay what if you get rid of your delay to make a much smoother game-play experience. In this article, I will be showing you how to overclock your Xbox controller.
Want a controller with back paddles without having to pay hundreds for a Scuff or Battle Beaver controller? Check out Best Budget controllers with Paddles
What is overclocking a controller?
Overclocking a controller is when you push or increase the clock rate of the controller past the recommended clock rate by the manufacturer. When this process is done it will lower the millisecond response time of your controller or whatever you are overclocking.
Why Should You Overclock Your Controller
When you overclock your controller you get a much faster response time which lets you be faster than other people and gives the player advantage. But you don’t have to get mad cause anyone can Overclock their controller.
Is It Dangerous To Overclock Your Controller
No, It Is not dangerous to overclock your Xbox controller, but when you overclock other things without proper cooling it can be dangerous.
How to Overclock An Xbox Controller
If you’re ready to overclock your Xbox controller make sure you have it connected via the cable and please go through the following steps:
- Download WinRAR. (https://www.win-rar.com/download.html?&L=0)
- Download the Overclocking Driver/ software for the Xbox controller. (https://github.com/LordOfMice/hidusbf)
- Use a USB-C cable to connect the Xbox controller through any PC.
- Extract all downloaded files.
- Open the ‘Driver’ file from the list of extracted files.
- Setup the file and allow all changes requested.
- A new tab appears. Go to the top left, search for ‘Devices.’ Click on the drop-down, and choose ‘All.’
- Change to ‘1000’ on the right of ‘Filter on Device.’ Check ‘Filter on Device.’
- Click on Install Service.
- Disconnect the controller and reconnect (Unplug the controller and plug it in again).
- With the ‘Rate’ column at 1000, the controller’s latency can be as low as 1 ms.
What About Overclocking a PS4 Controller
Thankfully there is an Article on TechTastes that will show you how to Overclock your PS4 controller, but it’s basically the same process as you would do to overclock your Xbox controller.
You can find it here.